Monday, August 3, 2009

Machine Gun Shoot-Day .3333333333

Went up to the Guns of Freedom machine gun shoot this afternoon at the Buffalo Chip Shooting Complex, I am the local guy helping out and all, to see when they'd need me.

Talked to the proprietor about some things and he had an AK that had gone TU that morning with a broken front trunion, and he wanted me to see if there was anything that could be done to salvage it. Not much, short of a new trunion, was the diagnosis. The problem was, well, fatal, and can't be fixed until he gets back to his home shop.

I got to meet some of the stage hands for Toby Keith who were wondering around seeing the sights before his show tonite. All of them were a little in awe of all the firepower on hand for the event. Several asked questions of the proprietor about specific arms and such, but almost to a person, they were all googly eyed at Mrs. Ma Deuce. I mean, who wouldn't be? She's a sexy beast that Ma Deuce, even at the ripe old age of 88.

But the highlight of my trip today was watching a bowling ball get launched about 300 yds. Talk about frikkin' AWESOME! I've never seen a 16lb bowling ball get punched that hard, evar! Granted, I've wanted to do something like that when I was on a bowling league years ago, but my size 10's wouldn't stand up to it, so I'll settle for watching from a semi-safe distance.

Tomorrow? Well, I'm lined up for a non-resident Utah CCW class at 1000 put on by Minnesota Concealed Carry. After that, I'm helping with the shoot. Hopefully, I'll have more interesting things (and people) to post about tomorrow night.

No comments: