Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Lack of Posting

Sorry for the lack of posting around here, I've been a little under the weather the last few days.

After the September gun show here in lovely Rapid City, I was stricken with a blood clot in my left leg. Hats off to all the people involved who helped get me back on my feet (literally). The imaging people in radiology, the interventional radiologist, the ICU staff and all the folks who put up with my grumpy behind the 6 days I was bedridden.

And a special thank you to Mrs Hazmat who was there through the whole thing, from my initial appointment until I was released, sleeping in a sorry excuse for a recliner in my room while I recuperated. All the while trying to keep me from throwing things around the room and being a general PITA.

With the current debate over health care in this country, I can't help but wonder how long I would have had to suffer before I was "allowed" to receive treatment for this malady if the Chosen Ones health care plan was in place...

No comments: