Monday, March 5, 2012

I Don't Even Know Where To Begin

During my morning round-up I read several blogs while having my morning chow, at the ones the work machine doesn't block out anyway.

The last one I read before the salt gets mined is Robb Allen. So, I'm getting by morning fix on and came across a post that was the source of a couple of quotes of the day (here & here).

Clicking through to the story that was the inspiration for the post and following quotes, I couldn't help but shake my head.

So to summarize, a guy is on the verge of going Stone Cold Steve Austin on a back door, whilst the homeowners are on the telly to the Po-Po in the Mile High City. After getting not getting a response, which according to the available record was 8 minutes, the justifiably upset homeowner files a complaint.

And here's where the bureaucratic samba comes in. See, Denver Metro PD initially took the complaint, but since it didn't really involve them, they punted to the 911 Dispatch Center.

The money quote for me? (This after already being kicked over to the offending agency, and already knowing that NOBODY showed up at his house for the attempted break in, mind you.)


'The Operations Supervisor advised Mr. Frie that Denver Police Officers responded to his house and then referred Mr. Frie to the Denver Police Department's website to make a "formal complaint."

OK, it's in this instance that I'm glad I don't live in a large metropolitan area. I'd go bonkers. What kind of 'supervisor' doesn't know what the hell is going on?

On second thought don't answer that.

Mr. Allen goes on to explain what he'd do if a situation like this presented itself to him and his. Do a press check. Me?

I'd make sure I made the most reassuring sound in the world to my family, I'd run a 2.75" load of #7 shot into the chamber of the trusty 870PG.

No comments: